Glasgow McDonalds Workers Resistance Update

Retail Worker retail_worker at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 2 19:50:11 PST 2002

INCLUDING... * This months funny phone call * This months news * This months shit thing McDonalds have been doing * Apologies, cries for help, etc.

THIS MONTHS FUNNY PHONE CALL...

Funnywump called up business tycoon Richard Branson on his mobile the other day. "To be honest the exchange would have been funnier if I could have heard a word the ***** said... he owns a mobile phone company, you'd have thought he could have got one that works."

Anyway, Wump calls RBs mobile but it's switched off, so he tries again later: (beep, beep, crackle, crackle) FW: Hi, Richard? RB: Yes FW: How are you? RB: Yes (mumble, crackle) FW: I'm phoning on behalf of McDonalds Workers Resistance, em, you're very much the happy smiling face of rampant capitalist greed... RB: (crackled laugh) FW: We were wondering if you'd like to donate to our cause? RB: Sorry, who did you say you were? FW: You've the memory of a gold fish, MWR, and the cause is the destruction of wage labour, one which I'm sure is very close to your heart RB: I don't (mumble, crackle, mumble) FW: What about shares in your beard? RB HANGS UP

the rest is here:

http://retailworker.com/article.php?sid=103&mode=thread&order=0