Web bugs

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Wed Apr 3 12:16:44 PST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, Max Sawicky wrote:

> Sure it's ethical if the terms of service w/my service provider makes
> no mention of any obligation of this type. mbs

Forgive my lack of precision. Your ISP doesn't care; you're just buying a pipe to the outside world from them. The service provider, that being the website owner for the site you visit, needs to pay their bills, and they do it through advertising. Not participating in advertising (or not helping them produce detailed advertising data) seems solid to me, but to feed misleading data to the site or ad owners seems rather ethically questionable.

Marco