Web bugs

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Wed Apr 3 16:34:38 PST 2002

At 06:44 PM 4/3/02 -0500, Doug Henwood wrote:
>kelley at pulpculture.org wrote:
>
>>Television and print media people are just lusting for this information.
>
>I know all this. I still don't see why I should care.
>
>Doug

i guess i think it matters if my mom tunes into CNN and I tune into CNN and she gets completely different news stories based on what we can afford to buy, not to mention based on our race. imagine that only low income blacks ever get programming that, supposedly, low income blacks like, no matter whether they tune into the Box, CNN, FOX, TMC, or the Food Network, etc. I'm white and I'll never be exposed to anything from black culture because they'll assume that I won't be interested in that.

i don't get a choice because it's based on what i can afford to buy--as well as things like race, age, gender.

kelley