Pro-Israel fascists on the move

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Thu Apr 4 11:01:18 PST 2002

In this context, I'm surprised no one has noted the death threats made against relatives of Adam Shapiro here in the U.S., at least according to Fox News last night. You may recall that Shapiro is the American holed up with Arafat in Ramallah right now.

The state of Israel may not be Nazi Germany (the comparison serves a rhetorical, and not scientific, purpose), but it is safe to say that one of the most virulent fascist movements in the world today fights under the banner of "Jewish identity". Or Aryan, or Christian - they are all logically interchangeable. It goes well beyond a few West Bank "crazies", with ties deep into the state institutions of both Israel and the United States. Otherwise, "a few crazies" would have been ousted a long time ago. But they haven't, they "mysteriously" persist.

The roots of American-Israeli Fascism run deep, and are certainly the most _powerful_ fascist - or protofascist, but I refuse to split hairs here - movement in the U.S. today, powerful with respect to its leverage in the state institutions via the "respectable" American far right, both Zionist and Christian fundamentalist.

Let us not forget the Rios Montt government in Guatamala, and who did so much to aid and abet its mass murder. Hence the usefulness of the rhetoric. It serves as a warning.

-Brad Mayer Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:28:03 +0200 From: "Bryan Atinsky" <bryan at indymedia.org.il> Subject: Indymedia Israel is being attacked by right-wing hackers

Dear all, Ever since an official complaint to the Israeli Police was filed against = IMC-Israel, accusing us of incitement againt Sharon (March 24), we have = been under a concerted attack by right-wing hackers who are publishing = numerous comments with code which either sends someone to a pornographic = website, changes text, locks up their computer, etc. =20