Iraq, Iran, the Kurds and Halabja

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Thu Apr 4 21:53:59 PST 2002

So you think the US should wage proxy wars for its political advantage. Are you sure you've subscribed to the right list?

|| However and as usual, the U.S.

|| squandered its long-term interests on a knee jerk favoring of

|| the Turkish

|| military goon squad over the oppressed Kurds.

Let's suppose for a moment that this sentence is not ill-informed racist blather. Would you use the same characterisation, viz. "goon squad", for e.g. your homeboys and the IDF?

The Turkish military's atrocities are not nearly in the same league as the US, which counts its victims in six figures. Turkey is roughly on a par with Israel as far as atrocities go, if you equate Cyprus (where after all, a Turkish minority was being massacred) with Lebanon. That's why the two armies get along so well: They understand each other perfectly.

|| There could have been a

|| Kurdish front against most of the "axis of evil" (and still could be) if

|| Washington was not so inclined to jump into bed with military strongmen

|| like, of course, Sadam Hussein (back when that sick animal was

|| our buddy).

"Sick animal" eh? The racism is beginning to show like day-glo. Would you call Sharon by the same name, I wonder?

Hakki