Tom the Exterminator on the Middle East

Naji Dahi n.dahi12 at gte.net
Thu Apr 4 22:43:09 PST 2002

> AIPAC has very little to do with this, and the right-wing version
> American imperialism has everything to do with it.

But you do not provide any evidence of that. You state it as a matter of fact.

> Given Bush's ties to the oil business - how do you say that in Texan?
> awl bidniz? - it's amazing to me that anyone could think that a few
> thousand in political contributions could sway things in Israel's
> direction if U.S. interests weren't already there.

At least there is evidence that has been provided by many about the power of AIPAC in shaping US foreign Policy towards the Middle East. I believe that you have read Paul Findley's Best Seller, "they Dare Speak Out." Or Edward Tivnan the Lobby.

Your hypothesis needs to be substantiated with some form of evidence that shows the ability of the Empire to stop Israel when the Empire believes that Israel is beginning to act against its interests. Take Bush's announcment today that Israel must halt its offensive. Did Israel listen? hell no!!! Sharon told Bush to go to hell and the offensive continues. Sharon knows that Bush will tow the Israeli line and that Bush has little wiggle room or independence in forming US FP towards Israel.

Naji