Oodles and oodles of rights

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Fri Apr 5 11:25:46 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carrol Cox" <cbcox at ilstu.edu>

> It occurs to me that the metaphor of a razor -- a tool -- fits in nicely
> with the off-the-cuff slogan I threw out a year or so ago: Nominalism is
> a powerful weapon but a destructive master.
>
> Carrol

Not a destructive master per se, but it makes an epistemology suitable for democratic forms of collective action very problematic when people get into pissing contests over what concepts etc. to use in outreach etc. One need only look at how contemporary society argues over the concept of exploitation to see that this is so. Gallie's revenge....

Ian