No rights under communism

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 20:25:13 PST 2002

>Justin: Tribal relations have proved vastly inadequate to deal with
>disputes. We
>all know from personal experience that disputes within a family are often
>intractable and irresolvable. It is doubly problematic to try and extend
>that dynamic to disputes among strangers.

I didn't say this, but I agree with it.

>^^^^^^^
>
>CB: Au contraire. The evidence is that pre-law/pre-state societies had much
> less crisis with solving disputes than state/law societies. Conflict and
>failure to resolve it has been on an upward historical curve correlated
>with the rise of states and their laws. With the abolition of exploitative
>class society, we have good reason to believe that conflicts as we know
>them will be virtually eliminated, extremely rare.

This is utopian in the bad sense. Antagonistic conflicts of interests can be eliminated and reduce the amount of conflict, but any larges ociety of strangers with diverse viewpoints and interests will have conflicts about means and ends that will require means of resolving them peacefully and finally in a generally acceptable way, viz., law.

jks