Marxism aims to abolish the state and liberalism does not ( was Food ...)

Ian Murray seamus2001 at attbi.com
Fri Apr 5 20:39:20 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>

> Pragmatism and Marxism are twin children of Hegel. I'm planning a paper on
> this for a panel in honor of Sidney Hook's early pragmatic Marxsima t the Am
> Phil Assn meetings at Christmas.

Whoah, I thought Pierce deplored H even more than he quibbled with K. Are you going to mention his foibles with various New England apothecaries?

Yes I know the prags. were more numerous than P. but I thought they couldn't stand Royce etc. Didn't Bruce Kuklick write a book on this a while back? Or has there been a big-time reappraisal?

Ian