Heidegger and Sartre

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 15:24:34 PDT 2002

--- "ChrisD(RJ)" <chrisd at russiajournal.com> wrote:

> ----------

> Heidegger was friendly to Sartre on the two
> occasions he invited him up to
> his hut, but Heidegger was famous for unctuous ass
> kissing.

The following is taken from Safranski's biography of Heidegger:

"Heidegger was interested in meeting Sartre. Naturally he hoped that this might also help his position with regard to his case which was then being investigated by the denazification committee.

"...about his reading of Sartre, Heidegger had this to say, 'Here for the first time I encountered an independent thinker who, from the foundations up, has experienced the area out of which I think, Your work shows such an imediate comprehension of my philosophy as I have never before encountered' ".

Safranski "Martin Heidegger Between Good and Evil" pp. 349

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx