Tom the Exterminator on the Middle East

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Apr 8 07:13:34 PDT 2002

Luke Weiger wrote:

> [...]

Of course. But they have a pretty impressive track record, don't you think? When I hear arguments about how the empire managers are ignorant or incompetent, I'm reminded of social democrats who sometimes argue that the bourgeoisie doens't know how to run capitalism - that low wages are counterproductive, and that taking the High Road would be better for all. Like the capitalists wouldn't have figured this out over the centuries.

Doug