Oodles and oodles of life

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 8 09:51:11 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> Gordon:
> >

> > I would rather have a more concrete explanation of the Naziism.

Gordon, I think you are confusing the "explanation of Naziism" (a political and historical question) with an explanation of _why a particular person_ joined or approved of that movement. The two questions can have totally different answers. I've been thinking about this for many years because of my interest in Ezra Pound. I suspect that there will at least be an overlap amongst the various intellectuals -- Heidegger, Pound, Yeats, Wyndham Lewis, etc -- who became attracted to the fascist and/or nazi movements. I've been working on a post, which I may or may not ever finish, linking Pound to some of the discussions of Heidegger on this list.

Carrol