Wittgenstein

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Apr 8 12:20:13 PDT 2002

At 08:57 AM 04/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>BTW did Ludwig have any political convictions of his own? He doesn't strike
>me as a democrat. I know he volunteered to work as a manual laborer in the
>USSR.

He was a neurotic sod. Gave away all his money...to his sisters ...so as not to corrupt the poor. But, I find him to be the most interesting and useful 20th century philosopher: uses very simple words to talk about very difficult things. Should be required reading for any would be professional thinker. I spent the most time on "Philosphical Investigations" and "Blue and Brown Notebooks"...

I found that I had to read him very slowly, like two pages a day, because his thought is very dense and rigorous, though his language, as I said before, is quite simple and even elegant.

Joanna