Tom the exterminator

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Mon Apr 8 16:32:12 PDT 2002

At 06:23 PM 04/08/2002 -0400, I wrote:
> >Oh boy, did it ever lose Vietnam. Not only that, it also lost Korea:
> >when you're that powerful, a draw is a loss.

and Doug replied...

>So in both cases, the "victors" were rendered poor & isolated for
>decades, and the loser went on to run the world. I'm going to have to
>rethink the definitions of these words now.

well 1) if the US had won either/both wars, those regions would have still been poor and isolated. Though, I grant, that the US did show the world what would happen to any country that crossed its will 2) The fact that the U.S. went on to "run the world" has less to do with what happened in Asia as it has to do with what happened in the USSR ...right?

Joanna