Said: Thinking ahead

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 8 18:01:11 PDT 2002

>Why isn't it the grossest negligence not to have disarmed Hamas and Al Aqsa? The pattern by which the average American immediately thinks of "'terrorism' when the word "Palestine' is pronounced" was set at the Munich Olympics, after all...
>

>Brad DeLong

wow...am i on the right list? take everything i said about Friedman and apply it to the great Bradford De Longs' gem here.

ofcourse if he's wittingly or unwittingly being critical of the isreali military knowingly [they try to booby trap some of them in a way that's easy to dismantle] selling weapons to palestinian militants then i of course take it all back.....

instead of saying something ugly and getting kicked off the list (if this is infact the left business observer) i will supply a pertinant quote about Friedman from Fahd Al-Fanik that i wish i had said:

"I have read much of what Arab journalists wrote against Friedman, and I noticed that most

of the arguments voiced against him concerned existing flaws [mentioned by Friedman in

his articles] that we would be better off acknowledging and trying to correct. Being an American,

he has a right to demand that a large Arab state [i.e. Egypt] abide by the will of the U.S. if it

wants to keep receiving billions of American taxpayers' dollars. He has the right to tell another

Arab state [i.e. Saudi Arabia] that its schools produce terrorists. He has the right to blame the

Palestinian leaders for missing the opportunities given to them, preferring rather to espouse

populist positions that are futile."

~M.E.