Who won the Vietnam War?

Daniel Davies dsquared at al-islam.com
Tue Apr 9 01:58:13 PDT 2002

I'm not sure what this implies for any of the substantive issues involved, but it strikes me that if the conditions for deciding who won are that Vietnam remains an underdeveloped nation struggling for an agrarian existence and dependent on foreign capital while the USA is a global hegemonic power, then it must be considered as at least amusing that two hundred years ago, one might have made a decent argument on the same basis that Great Britain won the American Revolutionary War.

dd