US end of retirement again

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Tue Apr 9 08:39:05 PDT 2002

The documents, filed in court after a 10-month investigation, provides ammunition to critics who question whether the so-called "Chinese Wall" separating analysts, who are supposed to provide independent advice, and investment bankers, who generate fees by bringing stocks to the market, actually exists, as Wall Street claims.

I think it's a mistake to attribute these crimes to this investment banking connection alone. There are all kinds of interests that have and will continue to benefit from that bubble. Didn't the heady economy make it easier to get rid of welfare? Didn't a lot of tech innovation and infrastucture get funded by investor dollars? Those assets are still there and many are still valuable, if not now, in the near future(like fiber optic networks). I'm sure there are other instances where the losing investor is balanced by someone who gains. I know some of this is just how Capitalism works but shouldn't people wonder about other possibilities? Can't a bubble be planned?