Said: Thinking ahead

Jeffrey Fisher jfisher at igc.org
Tue Apr 9 16:00:13 PDT 2002

i guess it really is all about marketing. looks like yassir needs a brand manager. perhaps leo burnett could help him out. i wonder what kind of brand loyalty the PA currently enjoys in the world, particularly among palestinians.

it's funny how all those union-y negotiations when i was in grad school went very differently when no one was around than when we had a hundred people outside the hall of graduate studies. it's too bad, though, there wasn't also the United Front for the Liberation of Teaching Assistants for us to differentiate ourselves from, but as it was, we only had a toothless student senate. blech.

On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 05:42 PM, Bradford DeLong wrote:

> Say, rather, that once again Yasser Arafat has shown his remarkable
> talent at never missing an opportunity at missing an opportunity...
>
> Had I been Yasser Arafat, on the evening of September 11--just after
> sending my goons in to beat up and disperse the people celebrating the
> destruction of the World Trade Center in the streets--I would have
> decided that it was time to embark on a program to "differentiate my
> brand" from that of Al Qaida.
<snip>