For one secular state in Palestine

Brad DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 9 16:10:03 PDT 2002

>I know Israel, but waht was the other State? I would
>suspect that autonomy would be a part of any
>meaningful definition of State. Am I wrong in
>thinking that you are referring to the State of
>Palestine to go along with the State of Israel?
>
>eric

That was the British partition plan, yes. But Israel snarfed up Palestinian Galilee and the Negev with its military victories in the Israeli War of Independence, King Farouk decided that he rather liked being ruler of Gaza too, and King Hussein decided it would be more fun to be ruler of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan than of the Hashemite Kingdom of Transjordan.

Brad DeLong