Said: Thinking ahead

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 9 16:45:58 PDT 2002

>Brad's point is that the image of Palestinians as terrorists was one
>deliberately created by the Palestinians themselves-- in order to call
>attention to replace their image as inevitable victims who were destined to
>lose their land, how sad.

you got all that from 2 sentances?...curious..i didn't interpret it that way. to me it sounded like a knee jerk dismissal of context. i really can't comment on how sad it was as i have no right to judge them seeing as my sales tax dollars contribute to their oppression. the occupation pisses me off and i don't have to live under it. this U.S. left condemnation for the palestinians not being Ghandi is completely ridiculous and makes me kind of sick. i'm not condoneing anything i'm just don't have any right to judge their actions.

>But there is a certain disingenuousness in complaining about an image of
>Palestinians as terrorists when the PLO spent decades purposefully building
>that image, even if they now in image and in practice wish a different one.

well you can certainly choose to judge them or whatever with really no right to do so. or you could actually contribute something more constructive to change the circumstances that you (if you are a taxpayer living in the U.S) are responsible for. as far as puposefully building images, that is assinine as it would be ludicrous to think that the PLO can control peoples perceptions that way through their extensive control of the western and isreali media.

~M.E.