Chomsky on Palestine

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Apr 9 20:38:43 PDT 2002

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> The function of the necktie is to reduce the flow of blood
> to the brain, thus making the office worker woozier, more
> complaisant and subservient.

It's been 34 years since I wore a necktie except to funerals -- BUT I got very sick in the '60s of attempts to judge a person's politics by his/her clothing. Why in the hell should people not wear ties if they want to, and why should they not if they don't want to. We're back to making lifestyle a political issue and I don't like it.

Why should I not wear $275 Allen Edmunds shoes with jeans if I want to? They caress one's feet, and since Jan got a State Farm job we can afford them.

Carrol