anti-globalization label

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Tue Apr 9 21:45:37 PDT 2002

(Lance Murdoch) Subject: anti-globalization label

>I'm tired of the corporate-owned media >calling people opposed to corporate
>globalization, anti-globalization. They >might as well call us flat
earthers. Has >this been discussed in some leftie >thing that I missed?

I think Pilger suggests we re-claim the term globalism and let the corporate types have globalization. Perhaps we could do the same for internationalism. Still, I guess we can't expect all on the left to be for things like free trade and cultural exchange since there are plenty of nativists around and others will just argue even if we have separate language the actual processes are incontrovertibly hijacked.

The term 'internationalization' got done to death in Korea and Japan, though they are only now catching on to the 'wonders' of globalization US-style.

Charles Jannuzi