Lynne Stewart

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Wed Apr 10 07:39:15 PDT 2002

Lynne is a New York City criminal lawyer of whom I have known (not well - cocounsel years and years ago in a demonstration case, years later at her table at the annual dinner of the NY National Lawyers Guild honoring our mutual friend the great Katie Roraback) most of my adult life. She's very competant and a fighter for her clients, unlike the great majority of criminal lawyers in New York. All the Asst. United States Attorneys in the Southern District are not worth one of her toenail clippings.

One of the delivery drivers told me about this at work last night, totally freaked out about it. The Guild is sorta left, right? He mentioned tthe Patriot Act. How was that involved in her arrest?

Shivering in the Rube Gallery Paula