adorno

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Wed Apr 10 08:22:11 PDT 2002

I wrote: The Origins of Totalitarianism, by the way, has as own of its central themes, emphasized over and over again, that what distinguishes Fascism and Stalinism from other forms of government is their completely non-rational and anti-utilitarian character.

Chris Doss The Russia Journal -------------- Whoops, I goofed. I should have said "Nazism and Stalinism." Actually, Arendt doesn't think Nazism is reducible to Fascism (or Stalinism to Leninism for that matter).

Chris Doss The Russia Journal