Chomsky on Palestine

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 10 08:47:07 PDT 2002

>>"Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > What bothers me about casual wear in so many instances is the
>> > contempt it signals toward other people. So, I'll continue
>> > fighting my rearguard action at work and -- while forced to
>> > give up suits and "regular" (i.e., four-in-hand) neckties --
>> > will still cling to my sport jackets and bow ties (the narrow,
>> > Archibald Cox type, not that dorky butterfly kind).

I always dress in full combat gear, suits, ties, the works. I always dressed at least sports jacket and slacks) even to teach, but when I started clerking on the Court of Appeals,a ctually before, I came in one August day in gaudy Michigan block-M shorts and an OSU Law T-shirt--my Hegelian outfit, the unity of opposites--to pick up the briefs so I would be ready for oral arguments in early Sept. I thought I'd nip in and out real quick, but Judge Cummings, who was always formal and correct, saw me and came out to say hello. He gazed at my attire and remarked, "You dress like Judge Easterbrook." (An echt-GOPster known for his causual dress, would wear shorts and a t under his robes.) The next time Judge Cummings saw me and thereafter I was Dressed. The other day I copped tickets to the Cubs opener (we lost, of course), so I came in in jeans and a leather jacket, everyone looked at me funny. jks

_________________________________________________________________ MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: http://photos.msn.com/support/worldwide.aspx