Fwd: Re: Marx/Weber on capitalism

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Wed Apr 10 20:18:27 PDT 2002

> Weber's repeated
>invocation of the uniquely rational character of Western culture is
>ethnocentric, Eurocentric, and historically inaccurate.

whereupon steve rosenthal proves himself to be incredibly ignorant of sociological theory. i'm astounded. this guy has no idea what weber meant by rational! amazing. i've read steve before and have never seen him as quite this unscholarly.

wow. i'm just amazed that he doesn't understand what rational meant in weber's work.

sad. it's elementary sociology, too. there's no excuse for the ignorance and it's a shame you don't know better carrol because bother Justin and I once explained to you and the wayward Yoshie.

kelley