ANSWER and the Answer

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Apr 10 21:10:58 PDT 2002

How does this fare on the Sawicky Mush Factor Test??? mark

For Immediate Release Activists Vow Continued Resistance to IMF, World Bank April Protests To Link Struggles for Global Justice ***************************

Pretty mushy, I'm afraid. Your sample could have been written eight months ago. I say politics is about focus and timing.

I ought to have made clear by now that I am down w/the anti-globs, but I have to wonder where their heads are at. Right now the main threat to humankind lies in events in a tiny slice of land in the ME. Palestine is topic A.

This is not strictly a 'left' criticism. The A20 web site has language to the effect that terror won't stop terror, and stop "the war abroad" (which? where?). Afghanistan is not where the war is. In Afgh, the war is either over or has yet to recommence at a meaningful level.

I'll be at A20, but it's an S11 world now. The anti-globs need to update their foreign policy critique.

Where's the SWP/NPAC when you need them?

mbs