anti-globalization label

Bradford DeLong jbdelong at uclink.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 10 18:03:25 PDT 2002

>the Indian government, like all governments, largely represents the
>interests of the ruling class. So the notion of "dominion over
>India" isn't self-evident.
>
>Doug

Surely we can have a more sophisticated theory of politics than that. Even 154 years ago, Charlie and Freddie were writing that the "executive of the modern state is nothing but a committee for managing the affairs of the bourgeoisie"--leaving the possibility that the legislature of the modern state, especially a democratically-elected legislature, might well be something else...

Brad DeLong