What Kyoto means for personal incomes

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Thu Apr 11 08:24:14 PDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Michael Perelman wrote:

> Whoa! Where is the evidence. Organic farming often has slightly lower
> yields, which is more than made up for by the lower input requirements.

I do wonder why that article started with the header James gave it as it seems to have little if nothing to do with a decrease in personal income, merely in personal greenhouse-gas production.

Emissions-trading has gone wrong in the past, true, but it's also gone right. More to the point, it gives a financial incentive for things to go right; one not merely forgo large parts of one's personal income, as if your lifestyle was graven in stone.

m.