You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

Matt Cramer cramer at unix01.voicenet.com
Thu Apr 11 09:09:23 PDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Justin Schwartz wrote:

> No, metereology is nothing but complicated physics and chemistry. It's a
> totally deterministic system. But like most such systems that involve more
> than a few entities, it is too hopelessly complicated to calculate.

Well I still have some hope, it just may take a while. Right now chaotic models that can accurately describe things like fluid dynamics are still pretty impressive, so we still have a long way to go. But I still have hope!

"I accept chaos, I'm not sure whether it accepts me."

Matt

-- Matt Cramer <cramer at voicenet.com> http://www.voicenet.com/~cramer/ PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588

yahoo msg: beyondzero123 "Hold your fire" - that's what I told the FBI.

-Kool Keith