Palestinian strategy

Gar Lipow lipowg at sprintmail.com
Thu Apr 11 10:14:58 PDT 2002

Carrol, our little ray of sunshine beamed

>Yes, "become a Gandhi." This implies a number of things.

>1) That the populace stop actively participating in politics and turn all decision-making over to the "Maximum Leader."

>2) That no independent decisions on the part of any individuals, local groups, etc. occur

3) That the powers-that-be do not interfere in the lines of communication between "Maximum Leader" and the "Msses," who simply become a passive tool in the hands of the "Maximum Leader," who not only nows the good but knows that "The Masses" would never, on their own, be able to grasp "The Good." <snip>

I will steal from a previous post of mine. This is not a straw man. This is a full singing, dancing, if-I-only-had-a-brain scarecrow.

Do you really think that a mass action strategy requires such absurd structure? Or that it is impossible faced with an overwhelming disparity in the availablity of force, that a non-violent tactics might prove the most effective tactics available. Or a reference to Ghandi really implies repeating every mistake made in India during his period.?