Enron suicide note

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Apr 11 15:17:52 PDT 2002

At 06:04 PM 04/11/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>As someone who has written quite a bit of corporate cant in his time, I
>would say this note has a weirdly canned tone for a suicide. It's as if the
>guy had internalized corporate clichés; you almost expect the note to say
>he's "leaving for personal reasons." All of which leads one to suspect the
>note might be a fake. As little given to conspiracy-mongering as I am,
>there seems to be a great deal about this supposed suicide that raises
>doubts.

I don't know if I have the details right, but what I heard was that he pulled into the left turn lane and shot himself.

Being a depressive, melancholy type I've often mused about suicide, but never in my wildest wanderings have I thought to get in my car, start making a left turn, and then kill myself.

I would think a coporate type would be much more Senecan than that.

Joanna