One Moore stupid white man

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Sat Apr 13 02:41:43 PDT 2002

> C'mon. People who write from the left [Michael Moore] should be
> extremely careful with their facts. There's nothing worse than having
> some right-wing or centrist wiseguy point out all the errors.... Doug

Really what the book needed was an editor who would farm out some fact-checking. Too bad there is so little of this done nowadays. Still, all of these problems with the book are by now 'third-hand' on this list, so I'll refrain from commenting any further on the book til I've read it. Maybe by the time I get my copy, they'll have corrected some of the amounts for military spending. And if anyone asks about US military spending, instead of Moore's book, I'll recommend the largely unsatirical World Almanac, with the usual grain of salt (that the real figures are so sensitive to national security you don't really have the right to know them).

Charles Jannuzi