Kyoto

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sun Apr 14 03:57:38 PDT 2002

Moreover, consider the larger geopolitical context. What are the costs of oil consumption as a subsidy for terrorist activities by organizations such as al-Qaeda that clearly benefit from oil consumption and profits? Let's face it: if we weren't so addicted to the auto culture in (especially) the U.S., less demand for Saudi oil would undermine funding of terrorist activities and thus provide significant benefits to workers (who have to pay with taxes and/or lives to fight terrorists). --------------- However, this would really hurt the Russian economy. So, I strongly urge everybody out there to drive as often as you can as far as you can, in the biggest fuel-guzzlers you can get your hand on. Hell, just spend all your money and oil and don't even put it in your car -- you can decorate your homes with oil canisters or whatnot. Just keep drivin' those cars! :)

Chris Doss The Russia Journal