sweeney & netanyahu

Tim Shorrock tshorrock51 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 14 05:51:12 PDT 2002

From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> Subject: RE: sweeney & netanyahu

>"it" did not refer to support for Bush's foreign policy,
or to the Likud policy. --mbs

I understand that. My concern is the Bush policy and what I see as 1) Sweeney's unequivocal support for it 2) his refusal to publicly question any aspect of Bush's foreign policy and 3) his presumption that, as the elected leader of the US labor movement, he represents us in speaking to this right-wing rally (any rally where Netenyahu appears clearly has a far-right agenda). I'm trying to recall if Kirkland ever spoke to a political rally like this, outside of union events such as Solidarity Day. TS