sweeney is speaking monday at the pro-israel rally with netanyahu

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Sun Apr 14 07:40:02 PDT 2002

Hi,

I understand the practical issue of pragmatic cooperation with otherwise opposite political tendencies on the tactical issue of passing legislation. I work with just such a coalition against government repression and in defense of civil liberties based in D.C.

What I object to is serving as an apologist for policies and ideas that are repugnant. For example my public criticism of Nader has been limited to Nader's refusal to speak out against the xenophobic, anti-immigrant, anti-labor, and antisemitic aspects of Buchanan's right-wing populism and the union-busting ideologies of Milliken and the USBIC.

-Chip