Venezuelan Interim President Resigns

SergioL652 at aol.com SergioL652 at aol.com
Sun Apr 14 08:21:59 PDT 2002

In a message dated 4/14/2002 6:18:17 AM Eastern Daylight Time, nathan at newman.org writes:

> In this case, at least part of the explanation is the shifting decision of
> the main union federation based in the state oil company. Apparently, they
> supported the initial coup, but when the coup leaders put in the new
> President, his actions in dissolving parliament and the constitution
> alienated the union federation, so they came out against the new
> government.
>
> -- Nathan Newman

That's way too charitable. What I have read in the Spanish media makes no mention of a change of heart from the trade unions. The CTV has consistently been Anti-chavez and pro coup. I would say that the main reason the coup took place in the first place was its support by the CTV. The anti-coup forces appear to have come from the slums and they protested not only the directors of the coup, but the Venezuelan media, surrounding their offices, because of their anti-Chavez slant.

Déjenme decirles, a riesgo de parecer ridículo, que el revolucionario verdadero está guiado por grandes sentimientos de amor.

Che -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20020414/58ca4348/attachment.htm>