Venezuelan Interim President Resigns

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Sun Apr 14 10:47:22 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: SergioL652 at aol.com To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com
>Yeah, unions represent a whole chunk of working class folks, so their
>politics are not as simon-pure leftist as foundation-funded fiefdoms by
>various activists, but purity of politics is the luxury of having no
>grassroots constituencies.
>--- Nathan Newman

-Maybe we can draw the line at overthrowing democratically elected governments....

I like that principle-- and the number of institutions that consistently opposed the democratic overthrow of Chile, Guatamala, Czechoslovakia, and a range of other countries of the world that suffered coups right and left over the last fifty years is insignificantly small.

And does that mean all support for the FARC in Columbia is evil, since they are trying to overthrow a democratically elected government?

-- Nathan Newman