newman on china

Tim Shorrock tshorrock51 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 05:20:24 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman writes (stupidly):
>As Tim's comments show, there are a bunch who, despite China's nearly
complete capitulation to capitalist economics, continue to defend their brutal anti-labor policies. At this point, China is far worse than almost any country's economic policies, since they combine capitalist laissez-faire towards workers with brutal undemocratic anti-union policies.

Nathan, As I said before, you are living in la-la land when it comes to analyzing the AFL's foreign policy. To say that people like me who opposed the anti-PNTR campaign of the AFL and the Naderites are "defend(ing) China's broad anti-labor policies" is insulting and underscores your inability to grapple intellectually and honestly with the principled critique of the policies of your beloved federation president - who, I hasten to repeat, is speaking today with Bibi Netenyahu. TS