RES: Gorby's bad Russian

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Mon Apr 15 16:24:32 PDT 2002

--------------------------- I rerouted the question back to my friend (Moscow State University Faculty of Chemistry, Class of 1981) explaining that you were interested in relative social mobility in the Brezhnev era and before, not after. Here's what he said:

Difficult to say. As far as I know Stalin strongly promoted talents from the provinces. Khrushchev was more like Brezhnev. Anyway, if there had been any difference it was not very big, much less than Brezhnev era compared with today. In fact, the highest sociakl mobility was immediatelly after the revolution.

Chris Doss The Russian Journal

-Thank you, Chris, is there any statistical data?

Alexandre Fenelon