ar profiteering? more on carlyle & mckinney

pms laflame at aaahawk.com
Mon Apr 15 22:49:07 PDT 2002

John Shalikashvili, the former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who is an outside director of United Defense received a payout of $102,856. Outside director J.H. Binford Peay III, a former Army general, was paid $160,000. Former U.S. Ambassador to Germany Robert Kimmitt received a payment of $192,000. Each outside director also receives an annual retainer of $25,000.

United Defense shares fell 2 cents to $27.98 today. The Arlington, Virginia-based company's net income fell 53 percent to $8.78 million last year from $18.85 million in 2000. Sales rose 11 percent to $1.31 billion from $1.18 billion.

I wanna know how much Bush, Baker and Carlucci got. Forget these other bozos and their chump change? I love Cynthia and have been obsessing over her lack of stategy ever since I hit a forum she's traveling with which includes Dick Gregory and Rev Sharpton, while promoting the Nader event. I was glad I missed Sharpton in a way, since it would have been painful. Gregory said some pretty silly stuff, mixed with much truth. But I hated seeing Cynthia and Conyers on that uncomfortable stage. And don't ever get me started about Marty Jr. and Mrs King! I did manage to mention my health insurance going up 37% and the possibility that the extreme right-wing-nuts loved havong the Reparations issue come up just now. If I can manage a coherent paper on my thoughts on this, and she doesn't uninvite me, I'll be doing her campaign.