Wolfowitz Booed at Pro-Israel Rally

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Tue Apr 16 19:26:09 PDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Nathan Newman wrote:

> 'Cause I very much doubt the rallies in DC on April 20th will so impress the
> White House after this demonstration of pro-Israel muscle as to radically
> change their policies.

Such unseemly pessimism, from the eternal Beltway optimist. A20 isn't about the current gang of thieves in the White House; it's about making the links between *all* the struggles of the Left, for the Left, and by the Left.

Sweeney did screw up, though. He's supposed to represent *all* US workers, including a not inconsiderable number of Palestinian-Americans, but the speech he gave wasn't terribly representative. This is OK if it's some item of Congressional legislation, but quite another when helicopter gunships are blasting apart refugee camps.

-- Dennis