European attitudes on Israel-Palestine

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Apr 17 07:30:33 PDT 2002

European attitudes on Israel-Palestine Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 12:51:55 +0100 From: James Heartfield <Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk>

-clip-

I know that Palestinian supporters (of which I count myself one) don't want to hear this, but there is an element of Euro-chauvinistic anti-Americanism in the rising clamour of criticism of Israel. Euro-patriots are tentatively enjoying what they are calling America's isolation on the issue. They write openly of Americans and Israelis living on another planet (of which reports of the Washington pro-Israel march are cited as evidence).

^^^^^^^^

CB: Why don't we want to hear this ? The world could use a big dose of interimperialist rivalry short of war, especially splits with the U.S. by other big powers.