Accuracy

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:26:52 PDT 2002

> >Does anyone remember David Abraham? He was a left wing Princeton asst
>prof
> >of History who was essentially run out of the profession by a cabal of
>right
> >wing Germanists who objected to his thesis that Hitler had the support of
> >the German capitalist class.

I am a great fan of accuracy--don't always achieve it, but I agree that we had best hold ourselves to higher standanrds, I learned this in part from Chomsky years ago, although see what good it does him, he's simply meared by ignorant liars who do not hesitate to egregiously misrepresent his views (he supports the KR! he's a holocaust denier! he supports the bombing of the WTC/Pentagon!).

I once saw him turn Richard Perle into dogmeat at at debate at Ohio State, though, it was lovely. After Chomsky had corrected him on the facts, voluminiously, with verbatim quotes from memory and cites to particular pages of documents that, among others, Perle himself had authored, P just gave up, said, as people asked various questions, Better ask Prof. Chomsky . . . . .

jks