Right-Wing Counter-Protest on A20

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 17 22:00:11 PDT 2002

Press Conference to Announce The Patriots Rally for America U.S. Newswire 12 Apr 16:37 Press Conference To Announce The Patriots Rally For America To: Assignment Desk, Daybooks Contact: Kathryn C. Wood of the D.C. Chapter of Free Republic, 703-850-7646 or angelwood8 at e...

News Advisory:

Announcing: The Patriots Rally For America

WHEN: Monday, April 15, 2002 10 a.m.

WHERE: The National Press Club Murrow Room 529 14th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C.

The D.C. Chapter of Free Republic, an independent grassroots organization, and Rally for America will hold a press conference in the Murrow Room at the National Press Club, Washington, D.C. on Monday, April 15, at 10 a.m. to announce plans for The Patriots Rally for America.

The Patriots Rally for America will be held Saturday, April 20, 2002, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. on the grounds of the Washington Monument at 17th Street and Constitution Avenue, N.W., in Washington, D.C. National and local leaders, including Niger Innis, National Spokesman for the Congress of Racial Equality; Joseph Farah, Editor and CEO of WorldNetDaily; Paul Rodriguez, Managing Editor of Insight Magazine; and Maria Heil, Spokesperson for the Second Amendment Sisters will be speaking at the rally. Some of the speakers will be attending the press conference.

The Patriots Rally for America is being held as a counterpoint to the rallies and marches being held in D.C. the same day by the usual collection of America-hating communists/leftists/anarchists. Thousands of Americans are expected to turn out to show support for America and our troops as we fight the war on terrorism. This is a family-oriented event. Many veterans are planning to attend and participate; we are asking all who attend to bring American flags to the rally.

"While we respect the First Amendment rights of those opposed to

the war to peacefully demonstrate, we cannot and will not allow them to take to the streets unanswered by the voices of patriotic Americans. This is not the 1960's and this is not Vietnam no matter how much the America-hating left wishes to relive their glory days. America has been brutally attacked on our soil. The men and women fighting to protect our freedom at home and abroad deserve our utmost respect and support," stated Kristinn Taylor, co-leader of the D.C. Chapter of Free Republic.

http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/ first/0412-125.html