Greenspan, thinking

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu Apr 18 17:09:54 PDT 2002

"Miles Jackson" <cqmv at pdx.edu>:
> > Methinks you spend too much time on the Internet. Rand-fans (and
> > libertarians in general) are under every virtual rock on the
> > WWW. As a proportion of the general population in the U. S.,
> > or any other specific nation, their numbers are trivial.

Luke Weiger:
> However, the seduction of the young by Rand that has been humorously alluded
> to on this thread is a real and interesting phenomenon.

While I find the concentration of fundamentalist liberals on the Net a curious and as-yet unexplained phenomenon, the attraction of the young to Rand's philosophy is explained in http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=1992Nov6.175024.13668%40panix.com Admittedly, it contains some errors, like underestimating the role of biological factors like evolution in producing altruism. But I wrote it away back in 1992. I've learned so much since then.

-- Gordon