200,000 Protest the "War Without End

Chuck0 chuck at dojo.tao.ca
Sun Apr 21 10:27:57 PDT 2002

Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com> said:

> --- pms <laflame at aaahawk.com> wrote:
>
> > Ramsey agreed with activists' assessment of the
> > atmosphere and peaceful
> > nature of the march, calling the rally "an
> > outstanding event."
> >
> > Bad career move for the good Chief?
> >
> No, GOOD career move for the Chief. If you have a
> choice between Martin Luther King or Malcolm X (and
> you're the authorities) you choose MLK to promote.
>
> I am sure the DC police prefer good little boys and
> girls who sing Peace songs but dont cause any real
> trouble like those ne'er-do-wells in Seattle ;)
>
> Thomas

Well, from the intelligence I've gathered this weekend, the police are saying that they've adopted a new strategy. From what I can see, the "new" strategy is an old one: stay out of sight during a big protest to avoid confrontations that make the cops look bad.

The DC police may prefer good little protesters, but I'm gettign the sense that all activists are interested now in really fucking shit up. The good thing is that most of us know now where to start a fight and where to hold back. Yesterday, it was important to hold back, especially with the huge turnout of Palestinian families.

Everybody is looking for a fight on DC streets this coming October.

Chuck0