Mau Mao slurred

RangerCat67 at aol.com RangerCat67 at aol.com
Sun Apr 21 13:18:17 PDT 2002

"the fact that you can still make a meal out of likening welfare activists to the Mau-Mau may explain why..."

and

Which is of course an outrageous slur on the Mau Mau, who fought for independence not welfare dependency

Yeah, you're right, of course. I wasn't thinking very clearly when I wrote that up and have been kicking myself all day as a result. I made that last remark because it just seemed so lazy for Wolfe to make that sort of comparison and ended up making the same mistake in turn. Also obvious is that even the focus on the violence of the Mau-Mau rather than the British, who of course killed many more Kenyans than the Mau-Mau did whites, was grossly offensive in its lack of proportion. My apologies, everyone.