Le Pen triumph thanks to ultra-leftists

Chris Burford cburford at gn.apc.org
Mon Apr 22 14:02:22 PDT 2002

At 22/04/02 14:15 -0400, Shane wrote:
>Chris Burford, in the name of Stalin (aka Dimitrov) invokes a
>completely nonexistent fascist menace and thereby supports--Chirac!

I know we all speed read, but this is a bizarre and baseless interpretation of my letter.

Nor do I wish to imply that radical forces should have supported Jospin blindly.

I note the interesting comments from Jean-Christophe about the strength of left campaigning groups. My criticisms are directed at small sectarian party who just aim to take 5% of the vote without apparently addressing the question of the overall result, and presumably claim that is some contribution to revolutionary politics.

And to muddle up Stalin with Dimitrov!

Chris Burford