Fwd: question about Manuel Castells (progressive politics in San Francisco)

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 23 11:02:18 PDT 2002

His book, "The Economic Cris and American Society, " published by Princeton Univ. Press in ther early 80's is a good read though. Jim O'Connor had us read it at UCSC. Along with an Anwar Shaikh piece in an old URPR Reader from the late 70's or so on neo-marxian Crisis Theory, it gave a sociologist like me a good review from the perspective of y'all, " dismal scientists." Michael Pugliese P.S. His book, "The City and the Grassroots, " any good? Examines the progressive electoral blocs in San Francisco, among other cities. Have not read it. One, I have, on the same is the Ruchard deLeon book. Left Coast City. Progressive Politics in San Francisco, 1975 1991. Richard Edward DeLeon. 256 pages ...